Saturday, December 20, 2008

Today, I woke up...what a blessing!

I noticed something today. So many people are just angry. It's unfortunate, don't you think? I just feel like I am constantly coming across people who seem to be upset, or aggravated, or ticked off, or frustrated...or just down right angry. And not like I can exclude myself from this! But what are we all so mad about?

I was on myspace.com today, something I don't normally get on. And I was reading a bulletin posted by someone today...a girl I don't even know that well to be quiet honest. Just an old roomate of a friend. Anyways, I was briefly skimming it, and one of the questions on it was "What's the greatest thing that's happened to you today?" She proceeded to talk about having a great conversation with her mom over coffee, and the last line she wrote was "and I woke up this morning- that's always a blessing".

Wow. Simply waking up being the greatest thing that's happened to you today? Even a blessing? I imagine if it were me, I would have said going shopping was the greatest thing that happened to me. Never would I have thought that God gracing me with the opportunity of waking up being my biggest blessing. I'm floored that I have never realized that God blesses me with the pure fact of waking up every day. He gives me LIFE every morning. He gives me the opportunity to make each day wonderful. Every morning, it's as if he gives me a big empty book with my name on the cover and a ballpoint pen and says "get to writin". How cool is that?

Today, I realized that I have spent the last 7500+ days of my life looking for something more, when he simply gives it to me every morning. It's not even something I have to get in my car to go do, or honestly work hard for. He just GIVES me the gift of life. Life is so precious, and we don't step back and realize how much your broken iPod or lost cell phone really don't matter much in the big picture.

So the next time I'm sitting in traffic yelling at the guy that cut me off because I'm running late and have an almost-empty tube of mascara in one hand while texting in the other, I pray that God gives me patience. I pray that he makes me realize, life is all you need. It's the biggest blessing I will get all day, because without it...Well let's face it. There is no without it.

I should send that girl a message...

No comments:

Post a Comment